Friday, August 25, 2023

Port Placement & more appointments

The port placement yesterday went very well.  I was awake the entire time but didn't feel any pain after the little pinch of the anesthesia. I rested at home most of the rest of the day.

I had only gotten 3 hours sleep the night before the procedure so we figured for sure I'd sleep during it. Nope. Nor was I able to sleep later that day, at least not until bedtime. Here's a couple of pictures:


This is what the area looked like when they were done. Not painful, but it has been sore since the anesthesia wore off.

I also got some beautiful flowers from my grandkids in Kansas


And a beautiful Survivor figurine from  my mom:


Today I had a CT of the chest, abdomen and pelvis for baseline information. I expect to get those results over the weekend. I have chemo teaching on Aug 31. Hopefully I will start actual chemo shortly after that. I am hoping and praying I can get it done on a Thursday or Friday so I can recuperate over the weekend and be back to work on Monday. Then, 3 weeks later I will repeat the process, for a total of 6 cycles.

I see my surgeon on September 8 to discuss the new surgical plan and talk about scheduling. I need to know the date as soon as possible because my mom is planning to fly out here from Tennessee and my son also wants to be there. He lives in Kansas. September 14 I have my annual appointment with my primary care physician and September 19 I have a bone density scan. That's all the appointments for now.

1 comment:

  1. Your plate is overflowing! Sending love and hugs. Glad you liked the statue, I thought it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete