Monday, July 31, 2023

Appointments....

 Today I found out that my dental insurance will allow me to be seen earlier than my usual 6 months due to the cancer. So I was able to schedule a dentist's appointment for Friday August 11 at 930 am. I was supposed to get it done before the chemo starts but since I don't know that date yet, I just took the first appointment available. I also found out that the VA cannot accommodate me quick enough with respect to the removal of the IUD and the MRI that was ordered. I am looking forward to hearing from Community Care for both of those appointments. My nurse navigator at the VA also faxed my consult directly to the oncologist's scheduler, I should be hearing from them any time now. As far as dietary needs go, I can call and set up a video appointment with the VA and if there is not a dietician in Colorado Springs, I can do it by video.


In good news, my mom sent me a breast cancer awareness bracelet. Both her and some other people in my Facebook group are also ordering and they will all wear them throughout my journey. That really touches my heart!! 


Mom also sent a breast cancer care package with fuzzy socks, a personal fan, a pen and a little encouraging book.




Now I'm off to call the oncologist's office since it's getting close to closing time and I haven't heard from them. Have a blessed day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment