Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Card Art, A Book Review by Maria Nerius


Card Art

By Susan S. Terry
Publisher: C&T Publishing
www.ctpub.com
ISBN: 1-57120-350-8

Book Reviewed by Maria Nerius

I loved this book. Loved it. Loved it. The cards you’ll create are from fabric and paper, but any clever cardmaker could use this book as inspiration for totally paper cards. I choose to follow the path Terry paved and had a blast with fabric. Most cards are flat enough to mail (yep, I mailed mine), but many of the projects are full of dimension and texture. You’ll learn the basic skills of fabrics, adhesives, and cutting. Plus some great techniques. You’ll have over 50 projects to enjoy. I fell in love with Crowded Garden, Gone Fishin’, and Seaside. This book does include card ideas for seasons, holidays, and more. Several of my crafting friends used this book to create projects for their craft and social groups. And there are many projects that would be excellent for children too. Terry put together a winner of a book.

WIN THIS BOOK!

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn, Appreciate the book review...always on the lookout for new inspiration so it's nice to have a first hand review.

    Appreciate your visit to the May Arts blog and your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to make a few cards with fabric. I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might need to try that too!

    ReplyDelete