Thursday, July 27, 2023

Drinking From The Saucer

Drinking From the Saucer
-Author unknown


I have never made a fortune and I’ll never make one now,
But it really doesn’t matter ‘cause I’m happy anyhow.
As I go along my journey I’m reaping better than I sowed.
I’m drinking from the saucer ‘cause my cup has overflowed.<br>
I don’t have a lot of riches and sometimes the goings rough,
But while I’ve got friends to love me I think I’m rich enough.
I’ll just thank God for the blessings that His mercy has bestowed.
I’m drinking from the saucer ‘cause my cup has overflowed.<br>
If God gives me strength and courage when the way grows steep and rough,
I’ll not ask for other blessings, I’m already blessed enough.
May I never be too busy to bear another’s load,
Then I’ll be drinking from the saucer ‘cause my cup has overflowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment